Yesterday, I was in the process of uninstalling the UM Role from an Exchange Server 2010 Server which we had set to decommission now that we are migrating to Exchange Server 2016.
Running Setup /mode:Uninstall from the following directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Bin – I ran into my first error.
The tmlisten service is our Officescan Antivirus which was running at the time. I promptly unloaded the service and tried the uninstallation process again which generated the following error:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Bin\ManageScheduleTask.ps1 is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.
I found a possible solution here:
Moved the ManageScheduletask.ps1 and ManageScheduletask.strings into the Bin directory from the Scripts directory. Apparently it may be a bug, re-ran the uninstalltion process but unfortunately the process failed again.
This time I was in a far worse situation since I had a half uninstalled version of Exchange on my UM server. The application was no longer visible in Programs and Features but the directory was clearly there (albeit missing files) and running Get-ExchangeServer clearly displayed the Exchange server in question.
I didn’t want to manually remove the server entries with ADSIEdit so I reinstalled Exchange Server 2010 SP3 only (we were at CU level 18 ). Then reran the uninstallation process again.
The process failed yet again this time Setup could not find the following file ConfigureNetworkProtocolParameter.ps1 under the Scripts directory. Checked this location and indeed the file was missing because I cross referenced it with another Exchange server. I copied this file into the directory reran the process and was finally able to perform a clean uninstallation of Exchange.